Do you know how some people say that the eyes are the window to the soul? Well, your siding is kind of like a window for your house. A lot of homeowners don’t think about it, but they should! That’s why in this blog post, we’ll tell you some tips to help you learn more about what you can do to better take care of your house siding so that it looks stunning.
Factors That Can Deteriorate Your House Siding
Before giving you tips for siding maintenance, you must know what can cause it to deteriorate, like the following:
- Exposure to the sun: The sun is one of the biggest enemies of your house siding. The ultraviolet rays can cause it to fade and become brittle over time.
- Mold and mildew: These can grow on your siding and cause it to stain and look dirty.
- Stains: The chemicals in some paints can cause the siding to become discolored over time.
- Debris and dirt: Leaves, grass clippings, and other debris can stick to your siding and cause it to look dirty.
- Chalk accumulation: When chalk is used to mark up a house for repairs, the dust can settle onto the siding over time.
Tips To Take Care Of Your Vinyl Siding
Don’t Scrub While Cleaning Your Siding
When cleaning your vinyl siding, you should never scrub it. This can cause the vinyl to become scratched and faded. Instead, you can use a pressure washer or a soft-bristled brush to clean it.
Use Bleach To Clean Your Siding
In addition to not scrubbing your vinyl siding, you can use bleach to clean it. Just mix one half-cup of bleach with a gallon of water and spray the solution onto your siding. You can then use a soft-bristled brush if desired.
Use A Household Cleaner To Clean Your Siding
If you don’t have bleach on hand, you can use a household cleaner to clean your vinyl siding. Just mix the household cleaner with water and spray it onto your siding.
Let Professionals Take Care Of Your Vinyl Siding
By following the tips in this blog post, you can be sure that your vinyl siding will stay in great condition for years to come! But if you don’t have time to do this yourself, the best you can do is look for a professional company that can provide you with professional siding services in Grand Rapids, MI, like Best Roofing & Construction.
Call us today to learn more about how we can help you!